View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
LilMissy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencelisa View Post
Well I've never thought about it because my first two dogs cried and I left them alone in their crate (outside our bedroom) and they eventually learned to adapt fine.

My other yorkie does not sleep with us in our room, and I thought it would be somewhat unfair also. I want them both to have equal footing.
The other reason being that he pees every 15-20 minutes. I'm thinking of having him stay in our bedroom tonight to see how that goes though. I hope it will help.
He's 9.5 weeks.
Ah yes, your baby is very young. Most people would say too young to even be away from his Mommy and littermates, but I think you will find it much easier to bring his crate in your room. Good idea to give him a stuffed animal to snuggle with, and maybe just put your hand on or in his crate when he cries. Just so that he knows you are there for him.

I'm a total softie. I just bring my yorkiegirls in my bed. I've "yorkie proofed" my bed so that noone can fall off or wander around. I have read of alot of people just bringing the crate into their room though. You could even set it up on your end table. I've also seen people post that it helps to cover the crate with a blanket.

Good Luck, I hope you both get a good nights sleep tonight.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!