View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:49 AM   #11
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Hi

I agree that you should keep the food the same and slowly introduce new food. Shelby is very picky but she loves Nutro Lamb/Rice kibble. She will gulp it down now if I put a little warm water over it. (you may find samples at pet stores... or some petcos have return policy if she wont eat it) I only put water on it if she isn't interested in the dry that day.

Another favorite (YOU HAVE to get this) is Natural Balance meat roll. Petco sells sample sizes for 99 cents. A small piece is a great treat or you can break it up with the kibble to get her more interested in her food.

Shelby has a bath once a week and I rotate CC with Pantene (human shampoo and condition) I use baby shampoo on her face and baby detangle between baths. I also have ear cleaner that I put a little on cotton and squeeze in her ear after baths (dries up any water that may have got in there)

don't spray water in her face...use a washcloth.

For now you might get her a greenie to chew on, good for her teeth. Some dogs can't have them b/c they gulp them but see how Daisy is. Some owners here won't give them, some dogs get them every day. I let Shelby chew on one a couple times a day but I monitor her. helps with the bad breath and she loves them.

Best wishes with your new family member. She is adorable
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!