Thread: Stinky Ears
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Princessangela3
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Pulling puppy teeth in most yorkies is more often needed than not. If left unattended for too long, it can cause a bite to go off and possible tooth decay.

Most vets provide the pain meds, however they do charge for them. Do I recommend it? Yes. I'll explain; first it keeps them down while they are healing, since they shouldn't be running or jumping. Second, a few years back I attend a canine behavior seminar....one of the subjects was canine pain. Most canines will not exhibit outward signs of pain......it puts them at a disadvantage.....survival of the fittest. A camera was left on in a vet hospital, dogs during the day exhibited no outward signs of pain and no pain meds were administered, when the hospital was quiet at night and everyone had left, a couple of dogs that had undergone surgery, were howling in pain.....

It just amazes me that the after surgery pain medicine is an option. Our vet charges one price that includes all medications including after the surgery pain meds. I hope Sherman loses the last three teeth before his date so he doesnt have to go through that too. Oh and by the way Sherman Tank is now 12.6 pounds as of this last vet visit . He will be 6 months on the 29th...vet now says he wont be surprised to see SHerman hit 15 pounds by the time he is full grown.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!