View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #32
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
have to disagree on this as this is determined by low protein on blood work which is different than pancreatitis. I think what you are referring epi not pancreatitis. Epi is determined by TLI blood test for pancreas which has to do with pancreatic enzymes. cpli is what is tested for pancreatitis. Two different things. This disease Lymphangiectasia Is tied more to lower protein on blood work - the things for pancreatitis are high white blood cell count, amylase and lipase are elevated, triglycerides are high which i would think since triglycerides are fat content in blood would also be affected by this disease as well, and cpli test high for pancreatitis. Low protein does not come up in a pancreatitis dog. I have went through a severe bout of pancreatitis and his protein was never off. He only had vomitting though with the disease not diarhea which could be why.
Then you disagree with a Dr that is well versed. Lisette's lil one had numerous blood panels done on her wee one by a couple of other vets and neither could determine or treat her yorkie properly. Doc Hawthorne called it on her first visit.

So sorry that you dog now is facing yet another medical issue.......you maybe should of taken a vet career path.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!