View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by latoyajackson View Post
New puppy, was told I had a teacup yorkie. Very inexperienced, my first puppy. He was great the first night. But has gone down hill since. Picked him up sunday. Hasn't really been eating. Breeder sent me home with bag a of Eukunaba (Sp) didn't mention to me that he was orginally on puppy chow. Didn't eat, Tuesday, barely ate Wed, took him to vet Yesterday. They checked him and told me that he is only 4 weeks old, seperated from mom too early and that is why I am having problems. He is only 1 pound 2 ozs. I don't know what to do with him. He wont eat the puppy chow. I added water to soften it up since he has no teeth. He just wants to lay around not active at all. Please help.
Oh, my goodness!! I can't believe anyone would let their puppies go that early!! Please watch him very carefully! They can get dehydrated or low blood sugar very easily and die!

I would get some puppy replacement milk or goats milk and mix it with ground up (in the blender) puppy chow. Make it pretty soupy and see if he will eat it.

Is there any way the breeder will take him back until he gets older and then you get him? They learn lots of things from their mom and siblings in the next 8 weeks.

Hugs,

Nancy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!