View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #26
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Oh bummer.
'Now grain-free adult' is another formula, but not really someting I would recommend. I can't think of anything else. It's pretty hard to find grain-free and low protein all in one; they don't really go together.
Food choices can be so tough...wish I could be of more help.
You're right - I'm finding out it's very hard to find something that works for them all & me now. Thanks for the support, though. I really do appreciate everyone!

I went to the store last night to get another food, and they had cut way back on their selection. They said they weren't going to stock the ones that didn't move as quickly any more. So all they had of the NV Prairie was the chicken & the lamb. My guys have never cared for anything lamb but I got a bag anyway. And, I went ahead and got a bag of TOTW Pacific Stream - I hate that it contains ethoxyquin but otherwise it meets all my criteria (grain free, no chicken, only 25% protein, and everyone loves it and does well on it). I'm coming to realize I'm just not going to be able to find one PERFECT food.

When I got home I tried giving them a little bit of the lamb and not one would have anything to do with it. So, I just mixed in some of the TOTW with the Instinct and I'm going to go back to TOTW for now.

Oh, I kept thinking about the Acana last night and realized it probably won't work since it has the same amount of protein or more as Instinct does. But, I will probably try a small bag in the future and see how it works - I would be thrilled if I could feed them this.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear about them.

Thanks again everyone!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!