View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
sherile47
Senior Yorkie Talker

when we got our first yorkie, Maggie, I felt so bad leaving her alone, I was on the lookout for a companion for her. Unfortunately, she died before I could do that. When I saw an ad in the paper for 2 yorkies, male and female 1 1/2 yrs old that had to be sold together, I jumped on it and got Harley and Isabel. They had been together since they were puppies. They would look for each other if one happened to go bye-bye and the other didn't. They would curl up together to sleep and play like crazy. We had them together for 6 years. Harley was killed by a big dog this past December and poor little Izzy looked so lost. We went so far as to start letting our Labrador stay inside with her. She had never been left alone. So, after a while I started looking again and found Moses. He is 1 year to her 8 years, but they have started playing together and they get alone just fine, as long as Mosey lets her be boss. I would not trade the 2 of them for anything and I can't imagine just having one. Yes, you get 2x the expenses, but you also get 2x times the love, entertainment and companionship. Good luck!
sherile47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!