View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am very sorry to hear of your loss of your baby. I am glad that you are opening up your heart for the love another yorkie(s).

I have 2, male and female. I like that they have each other to play with. Hot Rod was always very small and it was a concern that he have a playmate that wouldn't sit on him (lol). We have 3 New Foundlands, 2 shepards, cockerspaniel and 2 labs in our neighborhood.

I don't feel as guilty when I leave. They get along for the most part although there are times that Hot Rod let's Maggie know that he is the boss.

Lately, for some reason, they have been really jealous of each other. If one is close to me, the other runs up and has to push their way in. I don't know why this started recently but it's not a major thing, just surprising.

It was important to have Hot Rod socialized as I didn't want him to be a yippy, snappy, afraid of his shadow small dog so that is why we have 2. We had 2 cats prior for the same reasons, to keep each other company. I think it's natural to have 2. Best of luck with your decision and can't wait to see what you decide.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 11-21-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!