View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Yorkies View Post
I didn't think of that, it was indeed her first breeding. I don't usually leave them alone when breeding them. They were actually in my bedroom with me in their cage but they could have tied while I was asleep. I guess they didn't.

No other attributes, they are both the same size, good toplines, sweet temperments, both good looking dogs. They look like a good match. Sylvia
In the future....once bred, seperate them, never leave them alone......never use a unproven stud with a maiden bitch.......Although it can be done....it's very tedious and can be ego deflating to your stud and maybe physicially hurting him rendering his stud career over.

When picking your stud for your female....look at your female with a very critical eye.....(there is no perfect dog), pick a stud that will complement her.....know their pedigrees backward and forwards.........you are pulling in 3 generations into that breeding. So, what you see in front of you is not what you're going to get.....that is unless you stud has the ability to reproduce hisself.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!