View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally173 View Post
thanks all for ur input; i picked her u today; she seemed fine for few hrs; but now she seems lethargic. she hasn't eaten since yesterday; the vet said no food or water tonight either; she will be going back tomorrow for more iv fluids. i am afraid she will get sick tonight without any food or water. is that usually the procedure; no food or water for 36hrs?
the vet says she has to be on low fat diet; something that is less than 5% fat. THK chicken and turkey are 14% min; so that's out of the question now.
the vet wants to put her on royal canin digestive low fat prescription wet food for at least a week or two.
i asked her if i can homecook for her; white fish and rice or potatoes and then add the supplements. what do you guys think.
i am not sure if it's a good idea to keep her on RC rx food for a long time. i dont think she will eat it anyway; she's really picky.
what type of supplements will i have to add to homecooked food?
thanks

Yes - you can homecook for her. I can't stress enough what a consult with Susan Davis can do for you. She will advise on diet, supplements and everything else you may need to know. Very worth the consultation fee and will save you lots of $ down the line.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!