View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Default gastritis; now diagnosed with pancreatitis

ava got really sick yesterday and i had to take her to the hospital; she was vomiting a lot and some blood in the vomit; they did blood test and her amylase enzymes was high; her white blood cell counts was low and i believe her platelets was low too; i dont have the papers with me; i will get them today when i pick her up from the hospital. she was diagnosed with pancreatitis because of the amylase high levels. so now i dont know if she has both gastritis and pancreatitis. anyway i spoke to the vet today; ava is on IV fluilds and they will prescribe presciption diet for pancreatitis; i am assuming royal canin which can have meal and by products so i am not sure what to do;
i had ava on the honest kitchen which is a pretty good food; but sometimes when she doesnt eat breakfast i give her baby food; and maybe that's what triggered the pancreatitis.
so what should i do about the RX diet royal canin; what if she doesnt eat it; she's very picky eater. any suggestions?
should i put her on royal canin for a while and then switch her back to the honest kitchen;
or should i give her chicken and rice for a while instead?

thanks much
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!