View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I decided to become a vegetarian (or pescatarian...don't even know myself at the moment) six months ago for the love of animals. Videos of factory farming lead me to that decision, but then of course there is humane raised meat available. But I go back to one thing. I was at a fair last year and we were walking through. We stopped to see a cow and she was just so nice. So I asked myself a question. Why would I want to eat this sweet girl? And the answer is I wouldn't want to. That is me though and I don't tell people they shouldn't eat meat. All I do want people to do it be aware of what factory farming is.

I don't know if I'll be a vegetarian/pescatarian forever, but I do know that right now, killing an animal, cutting it up, frying it, and eating it is something I want to pass up. But hey, I reserve the right to change my mind.

As far as meat being an important part of the diet, we have no nutritional need for it whatsoever. As long as it is done correctly, some would argue that vegetarians are healthier than omnis.

I have no answer for you about human brains developing from eating meat because I don't believe in evolution.
I understand, thank you for answering my question. It's funny because I HAVE thought of that before when seeing a cow or petting a cow... or same thing with pigs. I hate to see how some animals are treated as well and think factory farming is really terrible. But I try to be as aware as possible when purchasing meat products. I just feel it's the way the world has always worked. I'm not necessarily even talking about evolution, per say. I don't believe in everyone's "theories" but I do believe in FACT and it is a known fact that the human brain was helped to be developed from meat sources. If you want to look at it in a technical sense, plants are living things too and by eating plants, you're killing them. Plants don't have personality or cute little faces, but they're both living things. Bottom line is, me personally, could never live without meat. lol. I hate 90% of vegetables so I'd be screwed. Then again, if we had to go out and kill our own food, I'd be screwed too because I don't think I could personally kill an animal. And I do think meat is an important part of the diet but I do understand it can be substituted. Meat gives you protein, iron, zinc and vitamin b12 that plants can't really give you.

Last edited by Britster; 11-19-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!