View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Microvascular Dysplasia help and info

Hey everyone! I haven't been on as much lately, I hope you're all doing good.

Last week we took Meeko in for his semi-annual check up and his blood work came back with a slightly elevated alp levels. The vet called after getting the results in and had us do an acid bile test. He said the difference from before and after the food they gave him was 51. He said that he'd be very concerned if it was 100 or over. Since is was half the amount, it wasn't a liver shunt. He suggested not changing his diet and to continue doing what I'm doing now and we'll retest him in 6 months. We also went over the different symptoms to keep an eye out for and to call him if I noticed any changes in his behavior.

Meeko just turned 2 years old 3 weeks ago. He's extremely hyper and playful and I haven't noticed any of the symptoms at all. I know that a lot of proteins are bad but, as far as food what should I do. Right now he's eating Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Duck. It's guaranteed analysis says it's crude protein amount is 21.0% minimum. Is that too much? If so, what amount should I look for? As far as treats, he eats cheese, peanut butter, fruits and vegetables and bully sticks. I've stopped giving him bully sticks because that's all protein.

I'd just like as much information as possible and about the protein % he should be getting. Thanks in advance!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!