View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
al_mc
Yorkie Yakker

Tofurky is hard to work with I think. And no matter what you do to it, it will not EVER be like actual turkey/dressing. There are a few other fake meals (Whole Foods makes one for example) that are edible as well. And the longer you've been away from actual meat the better off you are with them. They aren't awful, some are quite good, but I think you will be disappointed and still miss the turkey if thats what you're looking for. I've been vegetarian for about 15 years and what I do now is the leftovers approach. I make a veggie meal for the actual day with no turkey substitute and then get soy turkey sandwich meat and make sandwiches the day after. I put dressing, cranberry sauce, and the works on them. But it was always the day after sandwiches that I liked the best anyway. Find some good new recipes to try and adapt some of the family favorites and in the end you'll be plenty stuffed without the turkey. This year I'm making vegan Harvest Casserole and vegan pumpkin-apple-spice cookies to take to my family get together. Happy Thanksgiving.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!