Thread: DeBarking
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #51
Sherry Lynn
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewysmom
Jenn: That's so sad, I can't even imagine...I feel ashamed to even admit this, but I cannot even bring myself to look at the pictures you posted. I feel that it might upset me too much. I feel that I might not be able to get the images out of my head and then I'd start to imagining Chewy in those situations...It's too much for me. I'm not proud of it, but the way these dogs are treated by the millers is just too much to bear. I cannot imaging how someone can be this way, where is their heart, their moral compass...
I'm the same way. I can't look at the RIP forum either for the same reason. I would never get any sleep.

I have an 11 year old Sheltie that we have dubbed "The Barking Head" because of his barking. We have tried all the recommended methods to break him, to no avail. Just yesterday I bought a citronella collar (not cheap, I might add!!)

If it doesn't work, I'm going to start attaching a leash to my hip and keeping him at my side so I can limit his freedom and correct him quickly with a jerk on the leash. No more outside or free-run for him!!

Neither of us will like it, but THAT is my last resort. No way in the world would I consider debarking no matter what method used.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!