Thread: DeBarking
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #48
chewysmom
My Precious Pup
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarlson2004
I agree with you 100000000% Gerry! I remember the very frist time I ever saw a debarked dog. She was a little toy poodle and soooo precious. But I was wondering why she wasn't barking or crying or making any sound at all. Then the vet told us all that she had been debarked by the backyard breeder who was keeping her prisoner in a cage to make money for him -- the rat bastard that he is. When I first heard she was debarked, I cried like a baby for an hour. Then I went home and cried some more. Her vocal cords were destroyed, she had missing and broken teeth which became infected and rotten from not being cared for and part of her lower jaw was broke from the debarking and then healed improperly. Needless to say, this little girl was in such severe shape that she had to be euthanized.
Jenn: That's so sad, I can't even imagine...I feel ashamed to even admit this, but I cannot even bring myself to look at the pictures you posted. I feel that it might upset me too much. I feel that I might not be able to get the images out of my head and then I'd start to imagining Chewy in those situations...It's too much for me. I'm not proud of it, but the way these dogs are treated by the millers is just too much to bear. I cannot imaging how someone can be this way, where is their heart, their moral compass...
chewysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!