Thread: DeBarking
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
Itspuppyluv
Gus Is The Fuss
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarlson2004
I am the one who posted about debarking on another thread. I am a volunteer at an animal shelter and I've seen several debarked dogs. They were debarked by puppy millers and backyard breeds by ramming a metal rod or pipe down the dog's throat. What I stated is not a "misconception" by any means -- it is very ture. However, the information you presented is also true. But as we all know, backyard breeders and puppy millers won't spend one red cent on their dogs to have them debarked in a humane fashion. They do it the fast and cheap way. They don't care if the dogs vocal cords are severely damaged in the process. All they care about is breeding and breeding and breeding and breeding and breeding ... did I mention breeding? I did not state a "misconception" of any sort. I merely stated a popular means of debarking by puppy millers and backyard breeders.

I am very well aware of the surgical procedure involving debarking. There are some pet owners who choose to have their dogs surgically debarked. I personally do not agree with this, but as least the surgical method of debarking is done it a clean and safe environment by a vet.
Exactly, I've read of mill dogs that didn't survive debarking. Mill owners are not going to spend money on surgery. It's horrible to even think about.

Itspuppyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!