Thread: Stinky!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergies Mommy View Post
I haven't mentioned anything to my vet about her breath yet because it just started to stink. I plan on getting her spayed within the next month or 2 since she is 5 months now, so if this tooth doesn't fall out, I will have it removed

I am in Wrigleyville, what area are you from?

I'm in Tinley Park~about 20 minutes SW of the city.

As for the spay, sounds like you have a plan of action! There might be even more that you didn't realize that have been retained but once your vet can get a good look while she is sleeping during the spay he will be able to fully examine her mouth. One of the 2 teeth that Pebbles had removed was right in the FRONT and I had no idea until after her spay that she had a double tooth because it hiding behind her adult tooth. Let me also add that at 5 months they still might come out on their own. My vet required 6 months and 5 lbs prior to spay so that is what we waited for and she did very well.

Since you are in the city, PAWS has a spay/neuter program AND PAWS Tinley Park has a program where you can purchase a certificate and there are vets all over the city that are part of this program. This is how I had all of mine plus my foster Truman spayed/neutered with my own vet who I think is wonderful! He even did their teeth for free since they were under for their procedure anyway.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!