View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
Yes, rescues do sometimes get dogs from animal shelters but most shelters do not provide medical care for their animals. A shelter is not going to spend money on a dog, that will be euthanized, if not adopted. Rescues often do get discounted rates from vets but there is never enough money to help all of the dogs in need.

You're right about some of the rescues knowing and working with each other. Associating/networking with other rescues has many benefits. I've transported dogs for cavalier rescue, cairn terrier rescue, an all breed rescue and other rescues have transported for yorkie rescue. I know one Pom rescue person that anytime she comes across a breeder surrender yorkie will call me.

I can't agree with you more the Lone Star State has some of the very best rescues, very hardworking, dedicated people!
I just wanted to add too that I live in NJ and I know that are rescue does pull dogs from shelters, but it is usually the dogs that are very sick and or unadoptable. The shelter does not have the $$ to vet to the extent that the dogs need and that is why rescue will pull them.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!