View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
Part of the charge for adopting a rescue dog is as you mentioned, the vetting. But many of the dogs a rescue takes in, have serious, expensive to treat, health problems. The fees charged for an otherwise healthy dog do help to cover the vet charges for the unhealthier dogs.

To me, the idea of adopting a rescue dog is a matter of the heart and not your wallet. When adopting a rescue, it shouldn't be about getting a "cheap" dog, but about opening your heart (and wallet) to help a neglected, abandoned or unwanted pet.

If the fees for rescue adoption pets are too high for you, then consider your local animal shelter. Their fees are usually much less than a rescue organization.
even those are pretty expensive around here. it's just hard because i do have the heart for adopting a dog for a playmate for Sadie, but they are all costing way more than i can possibly afford and it's starting to feel like i might never find one i can afford to bring home.

and Brister...

i fell in love with a pug/pekinese mix and because i couldn't take BOTH him and his brother i think they wouldn't even consider me and are having someone in Michigan take them both. that's great that they are both adopted and together, but Michigan has their own pets to adopt why are the rescues in MO going there.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!