View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Question Why are mixed rescue dogs MORE EXPENSIVE than pure bred from a breeder dogs?

I do not understand why rescue dogs cost 200-400 for a mixed up breed of dog from a BYB or puppy mill when the BYB and puppy mills themselves charge a lot less.

I mean i know it's because of all the shots, spay/neuter and better quaility vet care and the living and care taking expenses that go into each rescue dog that wasn't probably given by the BYB or puppy mill, but do rescue groups expect people to be able to pay those prices? I mean what happened to FREE puppies to a good home when there was a mixed breed litter born?

I'm not trying to start a fight, i guess i just don't get it. i want to get a rescue dog very much, but I can't afford another 300 dog and sometimes the rescue dogs have worse health problems than the ones you get from a BYB. and the BYB is cheaper. so what's with this and how do they honestly expect to get these precious babies to a good home when asking such expensive "donations" to take one home.

Help me understand this better. i mean i guess i get it because of vet care and i do realize just how much vet care costs, but i thought that's why rescue groups are always doing fundraisers, so that they can vet a dog and then practically give it away to a good home not SELL it for quite a bit of money.

anyways i'm probably just misinformed or not quite understanding so feel free to chime in if you are a rescuer or foster and can help me to understand it better.

Thanks,

Last edited by RachelandSadie; 11-13-2009 at 01:52 PM.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!