View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

After our potty in the morning, I lay a pillow across my lap on the sofa and that is where we do our grooming routine. I wash their little faces, comb/brush them out and do their topknots.

I hold their heads and wipe their eye gunk (I use either a baby piece of a baby wipe or a moistened baby towel) and use a small comb to comb it out. I usually give them a small piece of a treat afterwards as well.

I had gotten a grooming video and the woman used some phrases for certain things so I started also. I say "head" and Maggie knows that is when I will do her top knot. I will say "wash your face" and they know it's time to do their eyes. Then I say something like brush your teeth and they know that I am going to look in their mouths--they don't particularly like it but at least they know. lol.

Maybe try using your finger at first for the motion of brushing teeth just to get Miley used to the sensation, then add a toothpaste, the the brush. I just got a child's tooth brush from Dollar Tree. It is small and soft.
Good luck.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 11-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!