View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
msobey
Yorkie Talker

Default Zoey had her puppy

Yes we had problems too... ended up at the vet her water broke and she didn't start having puppies. We had to take her in for a few shots to start contractions. She had one puppy at the vet and the other was delivered hours later at home but it was born dead So sad. The vet gave her this foamy stuff in her mouth and it made her throw up and she threw up quite a lot of blood. He didn't seem to think this was weird but now she's not eating very well... will only eat a little yogurt and a little wet food, no dry food. We took her back in for a check yesterday since her temp was 102 all night/day and they thought she was fine. 102 is high for her (normal for her is 100-101) so I'm a little concerned about an infection but other than being hot and not eating very well she seems to be fine, is going to the bathroom and trotting around the house when she's on a break from puppy. I'm imagining her tummy is not feeling too well from vomiting at the vet. She is still producing milk. I turned the heating pad off in her whelping box last night since she is so warm there is no way that puppy can be cold she curls right up all around him.
msobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!