View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvalaria View Post
Rachel,

You have actually answered your own quesion.

when you found YT many, many of us advised you that you were getting a BYB pup and many of us had concerns about health as well as age (saide's). we told you that you would be perpetrating a cycle.

you told us how nice the breeder was.

You didn't see until you wanted to see. Until enough things (YT, Cesar Milan, etc) made you realize what had been said to you was accurate.

Why do you expect more of other people than you do yourself? We told you and YOU didn't listen. You tell others and THEY don't listen....its the same.

I am so glad you have come to this new understanding, and there is no zeal like that of the newly converted, but, try and remember where you were just a few short months ago...you were exactly the people you are complaining about...so figure out what might have worked on you and try that...

good luck, its a long struggle. I have been doing rescue for years and trying to get people to understand that their actions (like buying a byb puppy or one online...even if it is "just to save that one!" only perpetuates the cycle) and its a long, usually lonely, sad road.

But its good that you are trying, every one we put out of business saves hundreds of little sad lives
What a great post!

I get really frustrated too, and I think it's so hard to convince people that things are really bad, not just uncomfortable for the dogs. People talk to the breeders through emails or on the phone, and "they seem so nice", but the only way we will make a dent in the problems is to try to convince someone to see the breeding conditions in person. Another way to appeal to people is their desire to get a "good looking" dog, and seeing the puppy's mom and dad in person is the best way to ensure you'll be getting a yorkie that's a good representative of the breed, and everyone would like that.

Join today and remove this ad!