View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
diane boden
YT 500 Club Member

I'm afraid its the same over here in England, for years there has been programs warning people the dangers of buying pups from puppy farms and pet store yet they still exist and people still but them because they think they're getting a bargin. The usual excuse is they couldn't be bothered to wait or Show breeders charge too much money. They then complain when the pup dies or they end up paying out a fortune in vets bills. Earlier this year my cousin went to wales to get a Border collie pup, this is well known for puppy farms, but they insisted it couldn't possibly be a puppy farm as he was such a nice man and anyway he only had about 5 or 6 breeds. No course he's not. They've been lucky so far, but who knows what lies in store.
Most pups in this country are still bred by people with a pet bitch who puts her to any dog of the same breed. This is how I got Rosie, but been more experienced I knew what to check for, they also put the details of the dogs owner and the grand-parents owners so at least they're trying to give as much info as possible. Alfie came from a breeder who I've used both to but from in the past and who's dogs I've used as studs. I always tell people if your not sure ask some-one more experienced to go with you.
diane boden is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!