View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
kristy47
♥Sophie Belle's Mommy♥
Donating Member

People are always selling dogs on roadsides, in walmart parkinglots, and everything else here. In fact, I saw not too long ago a man selling Shih-tzus and Yorkies out of the back of his truck. I almost stopped just to inspect, and I also started to call DH and tell him we needed to get one just to get it away from someone who'd do that. We don't have a lot of pet stores or textbook puppy mills around my area, but we DO have a LOT of BYB. And like the OP, we also have lots of farm dogs and dogs that run free in the country. In fact, our mutt Milo, that we love just like our inside animals came from a situation where the female and male dog who were already mixed bred and well, there you go. And he's a great dog! In fact, all the dogs I had as a child were the free puppies I found in the paper. They were all great dogs and well taken care of and I did see the parents and the place they were kept most every time, so I don't want to give all of them a hard time. However, when you get down to it with the toy breeds and some other breeds, there is a specific science from what I've learned on here and my own research and those people don't need to do what they are doing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!