View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
Today saw three more Puppies for Sale along our major highway. This time, I stopped at each one the get the scoop. One was puggles (pug/beagles) all black and beautiful pups. the lady was selling for $100 because her dog got tied with the neighbor dog and these pups were an accident and she was a single mom and couldn't afford them. Not too bad, i can understand that and roadside is her best chance. they were 6 weeks old

Next was a blue ribbon kennel memeber (MO's USDA's little boost for people to try and be reputable and better kennels and breeders)
she was making people use hand sanitizer to touch the pups, they were AKC dashunds. they were very cute and 300-500 each depending on color, age, ext. she seemed okay to me, and the blue ribbon is a good thing, but still a reputable breeder has waiting lists, they don't sell pup roadside to just any ol' blow joe from the streets. Her pups were 19 weeks and i think about 10-12 weeks as well and she claimed to have 15 females and 5 males at home for breeding!???!

and the last was an old man with shi tzuh/bichonse frize pups at ONLY 8 weeks old for 400 and they smelled horrible and were coughing...BYB

so i talk to my mom on the phone about this and try to explain that these people are selling roadside, but the buyer is ignorant of what the parents look like and what the facility looks like. these could all be puppy mills with lies and stories, how would anyone know!???!

my mom got really quiet on me and tried to get off the phone. she was like why do you bother even going and seeing them then??? and she was like they are desperate for money and trying to sell the best way they can....(background info: we come from a small town where BYB are common) i am so angry that even my own mother doens't want to listen and learn about puppy mills and thinks that it's just ok for people to do this and try to make a living somehow...i mean i understand poor and broke, have been my whole life....but selling pups whose mommies are back home being bred over and over and over in deplorable conditions and then ignorant people buy these pups and never really understand what they have just enabled makes me sick.....i want to start protesting on Sat. at these intercetions and teach people about puppy mills, but how do u do it without making people think ur a crazy protestor!???

I wish people would wake up and listen to me and learn something!!!!!

I didn't understand or learn about any of this until after i got Sadie, i got her from a BYB, a nice man sure, but irresponsible and has too many breeding dogs and doesn't really understand how to breed for quality dogs but just breeds for pets and pups. i didn't go see his home and should have and will never buy a pup without seeing the facility again. now that i understand puppy mills, i just want to raise awareness more and more about it and i can't keep my mouth shut any longer about this!!

Not to stir anything up but I remember when you bought Sadie and all the drama on the board with everyone warning you and telling you about puppymills so I don't get how you didn't understand until AFTER

Needless to say I do agree with you about the subject and glad you've learned your lesson!! by the way, when will you be sharing new pics of Miss Sadie?
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!