View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansnickers View Post
Acana (& Orijen) kibble are both flat disk shape kibbles. I do cut Snickers in half to make 2 smaller half circles. He eats them fine when I cut them, I left him out the full sized disks today so I'll see if he ate any when I get home or if he will tonight. Compared to NV, Acana is bigger, it's about the size of a penny or a dime more or less.

Acana has grainfree as well as grained kibbles. We chose the grainfree as Snick has been on grainfree most if his life and we prefer it. Here is their website:

Champion Petfoods | ACANA | Our Products

I'm using Praire Harvest right now and it's 35% protein and 17% fat. I like these numbers, Snick is small so as long as he maintains his 3.5lb figure I'm happy. He did well on Evo (42% protein) but just grew tired of it. I also have Acana Grasslands which is Lamb based for back up. Praire is
chicken based.

Rotation diets are great for us. We serve raw in the morning and then kibble in the evening. We are using Primal raw currently but also used NV raw in the past and Snick thrives on it.

We are VERY happy with Acana right now. They sell sample bags for about $2.50. That is what I am currenty using right now.

-Snick & Viv

I would feed the chicken based, my dogs really arent fond of much else. DO they sell the sample bags on their website? When I looked I didnt see anything. I dont have a local retailer in my area. NYC has a ton of places that sells it, but nothing in upstate close to me. Thanks for your help.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!