View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #9
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I've had Kaji for 3 whole months (OMG 3 Months already!!!) and he's a bit slow on the tricks. He's just not food motivated. But he does know:
-sit
-ven (spanish for come)
-aqui (spanish for right here)
-sube (spanish for up, but I use it when I want him to come sit with me on the couch)
-down
-up as in sit up, stand up, and up on his hind legs, or up to be picked up
-bang bang
-"give me paw" (handshake)
-up and through an obsticle
-through a tunnel
-he kinda knows how to weave too.
and he just learned shake, not handshake but like when they shake the water off after a bath. He doesn't do it 100% of the time but we're working on it!

and these other commands he knows but they're not really tricks are:
-"not too far"
-"go home"
-"all the way" (all the way up the stairs)

WOW! He knows more than I thought!

That is all so cool! I've been trying to teach shake (like after getting wet, but I've not been consistent with that ). I guess they do know, Let's go Home. I'll say that when it's time to head home on our walks and they turn around.

I would like to start doing more of the agility type of training, but just haven't had the time or energy.

Oh, and they do know, "want mommy/daddy to pick you up? this is mainly from when Hot Rod got real tired after his surgery as we started walking with him. When we ask, they will come right up to our legs for us to pick them up otherwise they will just stay as far as their leashes will go. lol.--But then again, who is the one being trained here? lol
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!