View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #3
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Kate Gosselin: 'Dogs Needed More Than I Could Give'
by Kristen Seymour (Subscribe to Kristen Seymour's posts)
Oct 28th 2009 4:30PM

Categories: Dogs, Celebrity Pets

Print Email More
Kate Gosselin is too busy for a dog. Photo: Dr. Billy Ingram, Getty Images

One of the many headlines Kate Gosselin made this past year had to do with the family dogs. Specifically, Gosselin caused some commotion in September when she adopted a pair of German Shepherds, then returned them to their breeder. (At the time, Kate said, "They'll come back, but for now I needed a break."

And in case she didn't make her feelings about the furballs clear from the start (In the video of the family getting the dogs, Kate states, "I could go my whole life without having a dog."), she's setting the record straight now.

In her TLC special that aired on Monday, Kate answered viewer questions, including some about the pooches. She said that she "never intended to give them back," but found that the dogs, Shoka and Nala, "needed more than [she] could give them," reports USA Today. In the end, it came down to choosing "between the dogs and the kids and the kids come first."

As sad as it is that the Gosselins weren't able to keep the animals they adopted, it's understandable that their children had to take precedence. The real tragedy is that a highly publicized television family brought home pets without thinking it through. Dogs, especially when they're young, require lots of time and attention. Is anybody actually surprised that this chaotic family wasn't able to properly care for two German Shepherd puppies?

Moral of the story: If your time is stretched thin already (like Kate's) and you don't really like dogs to begin with (ahem, again like Kate), perhaps you and your family should consider a lower-maintenance pet instead.
How about a stuffed animal. Completely low maintenance. All you have to do is pet it. And you don't even HAVE to do that.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!