View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
kat618
YT Addict

On you your new baby Yuko. Each Vet even in the same area will have very different prices. We have about 6 vets within a 2 mile radius and when I was looking for a new vet when Cooper was little (we went to a Vet in our local town very cheap, but was very unhappy with him)....anyway I just called all 6 of them and told them I had a newer baby and wanted to know what they would charge for his exam/stool sample check/puppy shots and all of them gave me an "estimate". I could not believe the difference....some vet exams (just the exam/not anything else) varied from only $25 up to $55, and the shots were the same all over the chart.

It is your money and your baby, I would not feel bad one bit calling in advance and just asking them the fees mentioned above.....of course when Yuko gets goes to his appt there might be other test/etc they want to do but this should give you a good idea what you are looking at.

As mentioned when I got the different prices I did not choose the cheapest of the vets but one that was in the middle and actually did do the things I felt were important, but at least I felt in control of what we were headed for.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!