View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
hearttx
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Good advise. I do give treats and praise him alot. His belly band is barely damp at times so he is marking more outside than in and because I just have had him 3 weeks, I think he is calming down with marking inside. I know his routine and take him out accordingly. That is what is so frustrated is when I know he should but just looks at me. I will restrict him in his crate until I take him out repeatly and get results. I think you are right about the correction, unless I catch him, it is just not working. Thanks for that advice. I problem is my bigger dog really thinks I got the smaller dog for him. He wants him out of the crate and wants to play with him. A few corrections, I know I CAN DO IT. I am friends with the breeder and this pup comes from champion stock on both sizes and have not decided about neutering. Still researching and looking into some line breeding with the breeder. I have breed before but not yorkies and I have a mentor with the breeder. But that is another issue and marking for a intact male is really not that bad with the belly band.
hearttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!