View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default My precious little Princess Pixie Pooh may be blind.

I'm so very sad as i write this
Over the last 2-3 days i noticed a change in her behaviour...a little unsure of herself, bit more clingy maybe, jumping more at loud noises. I noticed she seemed to be bumping into things more on her right side and when i hold a treat in front of her face she can't see it. She isn't chasing toys like she used to....I quickly realised with great sadness that my gorgeous little girl may be going blind...she is just 2 years old.
I had the day off work yesterday so spent the day watching & assessing her and we took her to our vets this afternoon.
He spent a long time looking in her eyes and said her pupils are reacting to light but not as much as they should be and that the right eye is the worst, so i was right about that. He took her temp which appeared to be on the 'high side' of normal. She hasn't been pawing at her eyes or seem to be in any discomfort.
We have been referred to an Opthamologist and have an appointment monday morning.
Otherwise she seems to be coping very well...i'm incredibly protective of her and i'm watching her every move...which i always did anyway as she is a tiny 3lbs...she is still the picture of health...eating well as usual and making her way around house & garden without too much trouble..I think she has some sight left at the moment, as she does follow some movement and make her way in & out of the back door to go into the garden without too much trouble...i'm really hoping something can be done...but if the worst comes to the worst i know we can get through this and i will make it my priority to see that she has a long, happy & comfortable life...she's my precious little girl...even more so now.
Whats makes this even harder on us is that we have been having a bad time with my husbands health over the last few months...roll on 2010, hopefully it will be a better year for us!
I'll keep you updated on her progress YT friends

Love & hugs, Kerry & Pixie Pooh. xxx
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!