Thread: Mix Breed Hype
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
kara
YT Addict

Angry Ugh!

Anyway you go about it it is a mixed dog. THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY AT YOUR LOCAL SHELTER THAT NEED GOOD HOMES!!!! Why oh why do people do this, it makes me so crazy. My friend has one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen and it came from the local shelter. She only had to pay $100. My sister has 2 from her local shelter and this past weekend she adopted 2 kittens. I mean why do this, people are supposed to breed for the betterment of the breed not because they think the mix will be cute and they could make a quick buck. And the prices OMG, I can't believe someone would pay that, when they might get lucky to find a similar mix at the shelter for MUCH LESS. I have NOTHING against mixed breeds, if I didn't live in a condo I would prbably have 100 dogs most of which I would rescue from the shelter because the sad look on their little faces looking from behind the bars on their cages say "please take me home" and everytime I go there to donate I always go and try and pet and see as many as I can and then I always want to take them home. I usually watch the today show and it makes me CRAZY for irresponsible journalism by giving these dogs 15 minutes of fame all they did was expose them to more people who think those are cute let me go drop a wad of cash instead of making a better choice and going down to their local shelter and rescueing a dog that really needs their help. I totally agree with you guys. UGH!!!

Last edited by kara; 11-04-2005 at 05:52 PM.
kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!