View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Help Pancreatitis, what food now?

I know I hadn't been on here in some time. My 95 year old mother moved in with me 1-1/2 years ago. She just passed in July. So I suppose I'm back.

Adonis was diagnosed with Pancreatitis Monday, and spent 1 night in the hospital. He was doing so well they let me take him home Tuesday. But his food has to change.

Vet sells only Hills brand prescription. I'd done some reasearch Monday night here, and know that's not a good brand. I saw where some of you were feeding Purina HA or EN, instead of Science diet, and your babies have done well on it. I can't find that anywhere right now. I just got back from the major 2 pet stores in town.

I know after much research here Monday night to get Low Fat food.

I went with Innova Low Fat. That's the best I could find in anything that resembled low fat food. Innova has 7-9% crude fat. Do you all think that's low enough?

Should I start calling other vets to see who carries Purina HA or EN? Or just try the Innova and hope for the best?

I don't quite know what to do right now, and I'm supposed to slowly start him back on food today, and get him off the chicken and rice.
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!