View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #11
skyflyer1263
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Scooter saw the vet tonight

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all the kind words. Well Scooter doesn't have diabetes but the vet thinks it is either Cushings or renal failure. I know both were posted as possible problems here in the posts. He has all the symptoms of Cushings too but the doctor said he urine was so diluted that he doesn't know until the test come abck whether it's diluted because the kidneys can't dilute it (renal failure) or is it something else causing the kidneys not to dilute it (Cushings.
So he did blood work and will call me tomorrow with what he found out. Poor Scooter he is such a good boy and he has so many other health problems. I only adopted him this past July but it was obvious his previous owner didn't take care of his teeth (they are so gross) plus he has cataracts. Then the vet said he has bad knees and also deformities of his front legs (I think he said valgus?). Then on top of all of that news, the vet felt a hard mass on his left side of his abdomen. But he didn't know if it was the stomach wall because his stomach is so tight (and fat) or if it is something worse.
Well overall I guess I knew I would probably not hear good news. I knew when I adopted him he was a senior and didn't look in the best shape either. I guess I figured just because he was old, he needed a home too and even if he wasn't the healthiest dog it was ok. But I didn't think I would find out he was so sick. But I will do some searching on Cushings now on the internet and I will post back here tomorrow what the vet says about the bloodwork. I hope it's not kidney failure. If it is Cushings, then I can treat him. The vet also said if it's Cushings then we can give him medicine for his bad arthritic limbs but if its his kidneys he said he can't give him meds because it will harm his kidneys even more. He is still young at heart though because he gets so excited to go in the car, and play with his toys. I can buy him one of those dog strollers so he can still get to the park and get out without having to walk so much and then be limping the next day.
Anyway, Thank you again for the kind words, I appreciate it very much. Take care, Margaret and Scooter in NY
skyflyer1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!