View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabinowitz43 View Post
Jodi, I can't thank you enough for this article. It couldn't come at a better time. Nicky is making great strides being more comfortable in the home. He still hides when new people come, but he wagged his tail at my sister yesterday and that was a milestone! I just have to get him to the point where he will let someone other than me take him outside and touch him. If I am not home, he will growl and bite anyone who tries to put on his leash, including my daughter. This is hard because she takes care of the dogs after school while I am at work. My dogwalker quit after being bitten quite badly, but luckily understood and was not angry at all. Patience is key and the part about expectations is so well put. Nicky does not give kisses or know how to play and he probably never will, but I have to accept that. He will co-exist with Sadie and Joey, but I don't think he will ever be their playmate, although Joey is not giving up! I feel such love for him and the rewarding and satisfying feeling of saving a Yorkie in need far outweighs what may be lacking in what one would ordinarily think of as a family pet. Thanks again for posting this!
I am so glad that things are going a little better with Nicky. Before long coexistence will become fast friends. You will have to keep me updated as he continues to improve and grow into the pup he was meant to be.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!