Thread: Runny Stool!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 05:04 AM   #24
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolos mom View Post
Thanks so much for all your information. I got back today from the vet and she will be doing a fasting blood work tomorrow.Checking her Pancreas. She did the Gardia test and it was neg. So our next step is to rule out food allergies since she has been on Canidae for 3 years. Might have developed a food allergy. We put her on RC Potato and White fish and we deworming in case of any hook worms, which they can get from squirrels, bird droppings or anything in your yard. I told my vet there is nothing worse than a long hair Yorkie with diarrhea and her reply was it could be worse it could be 100lbs long hair dog with diarrhea..Fingers crossed. She did loose a little weight but is very active and hydrated.
Would not do ivd white fish and potato as that is white potato in that and that is what my dog was eating when he got pancreatitis as he has ibd in small intestines and white potato inflames the intestines while sweet potato is anti-inflammatory - I recommend natural balance venison and sweet potato as it is better and vets do not know alot about nutrition and having a dog with ibd and pancreatitis I would never feed a dog with diarhea, vomitting, etc a white potato diet as it could be ibd or colitis which is an inflammation of the intestines thus setting off the pancreas at times if it is in small intestines -- I think it is the canidae as even if a dog eats a food for years they can get a food intolerance if they have ibd plus the mfg can change the formulas which i believe canidae has and i have read many dogs have diarhea on canidae - honestly i would not do a bunch of testing if just diarhea as i would do the venison and sweet potato for 12 weeks with nothing else and see how your baby does.

to test the pancreas properly you do a spec cpli and tli - cpli tests for pancreatitis and tli tests for epi - epi is more diarhea related but it is a greyish diarhea color - if diarhea is yellow jelly poop and with a little blood in it at times it is colitis and if just diarhea and coccidia, giardia, and parasites ruled out most likely ibd. My dex never had diahrea with pancreatitis only vomitting violently so i have to say i doubt this is pancreatitis as your dog would be restless, in pain and vomitting violently from what i have experienced and mine almost died of it so it was pretty severe and no diarhea. The spec cpli hopefully your vet has the snap inhouse test otherwise the two pancreas tests take 3-4 days to come back from the lab
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!