View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

It use to be legal in England as well, but an animal rights group got involved, and showed videos of many inexperienced breeders butchering the tails. This prompted people to outlaw it altogether, and other European countries followed. Many experienced breeders claim it is not painful if done early enough and using the proper techniques, however there will always be those, who don't bother to read up on using the right techniques and will cause pain and mutilation. I have mixed feelings on the procedure. Joey's breeder docks a little longer than average, and I like this look, and don't care for the stubby look of too short of tail, you know, hardly an inch. I do wish we had some sort of a law that it should be done by an experienced vet, or a breeder who has passed some sort of test. I read too many threads about newbie breeders not wanting to pay a vet $5.00-20.00 to do it, and they want to do themselves, and are willing to learn all about it through a forum thread. I think this sort of thing happening will cause it to be outlawed here too.

Join today and remove this ad!