Thread: Puppy weight
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
HannahandMo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Well I have to say that AKC can sometimes mean just about the same as any other registrar. I can tell you I have a female and male that are CKC. The male was AKC, but since my female was CKC, I had to register the puppies CKC. I am going to be placing them for sale soon and they are very adorable regardless of their registrar. Now when I got my female she was from an elderly that couldn't care for her any longer. Her hair is silky to touch and she has the qualities of an "AKC standard" female. Short legs, snout etc. For example some people frown upon CKC stating "oh they can register anything". Well this is pretty true enough...BUT lets flip that around. I go and purchase a female AKC dog from a breeder.... 4 dogs ago she had an AKC dog that passed, ran away ..whatever. She purchased a pretty little yorkie with no paperwork (some people won't give you the paperwork). Then she sells me the dog with NO Paperwork under the AKC papers. I take the papers register the dog and wa-la the dog is now AKC. So as you can see... I really don't think a whole lot has to do with the dog being CKC or AKC (by way of pet quality) ((I am in no way referring to show-as show must be AKC)). What it really boils down to is the breeder. Whether they register CKC or AKC. So is she a purebred..maybe...maybe not. Is she AKC.. who knows. Best to just love her as she is and I'm am positive you do I definitly wouldn't breed her if you are uncertain. Just spay her and love her
HannahandMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!