Thread: Runny Stool!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Oh yeah, I remember reading your post in an earlier thread about the metacam and steroid combo. Boy that really sucks. Two of mine are having poops that are firm and normal when they start but end up with runny poop at the end. My LS pup had a firm stool but it looked more oval than round, almost smashed flat. Can't wait till tomorrow to see what they do! Also, I've heard some very bad things about the dental vaccine, some deaths involved.

I guess I like to try medications before diet changes though bc nailing down a food allergy can take a long time, and many things can be ruled out quicker with meds. I recently read in a thread where people were putting Tylan powder on their pup's food to control stinky eye discharge. I didn't think this is such a good idea, as AB eye ointment is available and effective. Why treat that systemically, and what long term problems may result ie: producing AB resistent bacteria and immuno suppressed dogs? Long term oral antibiotic use should be a last resort, not the first choice in the treatment plan, just because it's easier.
i agree malt owners use angel eyes it has tylan in it to stop tear staining -- i am against that
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!