View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
Bellaandhelen
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleys_momma View Post
so do you use the rolls? Do u feed on a raw diet? Im leery of the raw medallions. instead of his food or along with it? I have never seen them before. And u said cottage cheese in with the kibble?

sorry for all the questions... it just seems like what you did worked quickly and efficiently.

I started out trying the rolls- and he liked them, but they upset his stomach a little. So then I just mixed in cottage cheese with his kibble (during August). I switched both of my yorkies to the raw food in September and could not be happier with their weight, digestion, etc... (I only feed the raw medallions thawed out, no more kibble).

Nature's Variety

This is the website for the raw food- I get mine at a local doggie day care place that carries it. But, you can find somewhere that carries it near you by looking at the website. It is significantly more expensive than buying kibble, but I've seen such positive changes that it's worth it to me since it fits in our budget.
If you don't want to switch to raw, I still think the cottage cheese was really helpful. With Baci, he seemed to get full so quickly that he didn't eat very much. Now with the raw food, he actually eats all his food.

Most of all, just give your little one time, if you are feeding a good quality food and add in a little extra like the cottage cheese, he will come up to a healthy weight over time. I remember how paniced I felt feeling Baci's bones, but he naturally put the weight on over the past 2 months just with love, attention, and plenty of healthy food. Also, consider feeding smaller amounts more frequently during the day if he seems to have a small stomach (like my Baci does). He's up to 4.8 lbs from 3.2 lbs And not anywhere near overweight- just healthy now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!