View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
It's considered a common allergen because it's used in so many dog foods, not because of the number of dogs who are allergic to it. I know that your link says that " Corn gluten meal is the by-product after the manufacture of corn syrup or starch, and is the dried residue after the removal of the bran, germ, and starch." but what I'm saying is that unless we do more research, we may not have a true understanding on why it's used, and what it really does. For example there are studies that show corn gluten meal is actually better and easier to digest than other forms of protein.

Also biewer rice and brown rice are before Corn gluten meal. I'm just saying that it's hard to get the full picture from a few sentences. I not trying to imply that I know the answers, I've just studied enough nutrition to realize it's much more complex than what you read from these websites. You really can't separate ingredients like they do; one ingredient works with other to give a balanced diet. I prefer companies who do believe in scientific testing of the ingredients, and when they make a claim can back it up with some real data.
We're getting off topic here, but I do agree with you. It's impossible to get the big picture from three sentences. I'm not trying to make you feel like you have to defend corn. lol Like I said, I prefer grain-free so I would never feed it, but I don't think corn is all bad. However I do think corn gluten meal is a cheap filler.
AMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!