Thread: Biting issues.
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
BentleyB
Yorkie Talker

Thank you for your comments.

I will have to say that it is a "good" spoiled. He gets toys, love and treats when he is being a good boy. He is crated for sleep and is also put in the crate when I am away at school (only an hour or two at a time). He is potty trained, which took a lot of work, and he only has accidents if we do not watch him - which has happened twice in the past month and a half... other than that he sits by the door, rings the bell and goes potty outside.

We have done a good job of letting him know who's boss, but I think what we may be doing wrong is not being 100% concrete in our punishment of bad behavior. This is our first dog, ever, and I feel that I am only worried that he will be aggressive.

Yes, we plan to get him neutered, though he has amazing blood lines and all papers. I just do not wish to have a sire - he is for companionship, not mating, in my eyes.

We are trying our best to correct bad behaviors, but really do not wish to result to violence to get the results. As I had stated, I will hold his mouth closed, saying "NO" and he seems to get it at that moment... I was mainly asking for advice to see if others have had this issue and what they had done to rectify the situation.

My fiance and I have no children, this is our child, and we are doing what we can, but seem to need advice from others.

Thanks.
BentleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!