View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsie Anne View Post
Tootsie is scheduled to be spayed and have 6 baby teeth pulled on October 2. She will be about 6 1/2 months old at that time. I don't really know what to expect~after reading some of the threads I am REALLY confused!!! Our vet says it's better to do it when she's younger but now I'm worried that it may cause her problems with her growth hormones

Oh yea, one more thing is it necessary to do the pre op bloodwork? Our vet says that they normally do that for older dogs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..We only want the best for her!!!
Also, does anyone know how long the pain will last from her baby teeth being pulled? She currently eats dry kibbles, I see that being somewhat of a problem for her when she comes home from the vet on "the big day!"

6months is a good age to spay her. Yes you should always do blood work before a SX. I dont know why the vet said that, usually vets will WANT to do blood work in a younger pup before a spay.. I would do the blood work. She will be in some pain after her sx, with her mouth she will hurt maybe for a couple days, it is best to add water to her dry food to make it soft. She should eat only soft food for 2-3 days.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!