View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #9
The Puperatsi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

thanks for all the info, the idea of vaccinosis seems the most likely. Several of you have commented on getting his tyroid checked, and I should have mentioned that we have done a full body workup on him, and he is very healthy. He does not have any thyroid issues and is in good spirits. He just looks nasty. He gets stressed easily and we have tried to keep him as "uneventful" as possible. As for the yeast, there is none in his ears and the vet said it's a build up internally, not external. The only way to combat the yeast is time and an everyday regimen of fatty acids and oils.

I also was upset when we took them in for the shots needed by the groomer, and they gave him a yearly rabies shot! I was under the impression, and from past experiences (and we have 5 Yorkies) that the first rabies is a year, and then every 3 years after. We took them all to a new vet last year, since we moved, and they gave him a 1 year instead... I was NOT happy. They didn't even tell me, I noticed it when we were filling out the grooming updates.

We have taken him to several vets, and have spent lot of time and moolah on him to see what the deal is, and that is why I am writing this, since we have not been able to get a good diagnosis for his problems. Also, We would like to keep him as comfortable as possible while he is recovering.

Thanks again to everyone, and keep the ideas coming!
The Puperatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!