View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #24
Lula-Mae Famous
YT Addict

Default From the Hotel Manager's moulth....

My hotel in Newburyport, MA is pet friendly.
We are the only one in a 20 mile radius that is.

We allow pets for an additional charge of $20. As a small 4 star hotel we must clean more than most when a pet stays. I'm sure you would also expect nothing but immaculate when staying 4 stars.

I’m sure there are many dogs that could be snuck in and leave without a trace. My 2-pounder is silent, well mannered and potty trained. Being a Yorkie she obviously doesn’t shed as much as other dogs.

Then there is Mrs. Smith's dog (names have been changed to protect the innocent! haha) who was sprayed by a skunk and yes, we defiantly had to steam clean everything and it still smelled bad for days.
obviously we can’t rent a room in that state. We charged the guest for an additional night in the room as each night it was not available we lost over $300. Of course this guest then fights the claim with her credit card company after screaming at me on the phone for hours, makes bad reviews on every site she could find, etc.
The worst part; her dog was the sweetest little yorkie.
Then there are the dogs that bite, that spray, tear up furniture, and of course the ones that bark (in the room next to the bride on her wedding night *sigh*).

It’s those dogs that ruin it for the rest of them. Having enough dogs like these stay at your hotel is enough to make you not want them there at all.

A $100 non-refundable fee is a bit outrageous (considering all the good dogs out there). Refundable is another story.
Not everyone will love your dog as much as you do, especially if they can’t get a good nights sleep (and the hotel reduces their bill in hopes to compensate them *sigh*).

don’t be mad at the hotel, be mad at inconsiderate pet owners
Lula-Mae Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!