View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
There's an old saying ignorance is bliss, and you have learned first hand this is true. Being ignorant is not the same as being stupid, ignorance is just not knowing enough about a certain situation, and we are all ignorant in different areas. It actually hurts to know about certain things, and I believe that is why many people turn a blind eye to things. I'm glad you are becoming more aware, and the next step to learn is to separate the evil from the evildoer. For example, I hate puppy mills, but I don't believe that evil people are running them; many are good people trying to earn a living and provide for their families, and think of dogs like they do any livestock, and don't realize that the domestication of dogs means that they have special needs. On the other hand, I have a hard time with puppy brokers, who know the dogs should be kept in better conditions, yet continue to buy from millers and auctions and then resale these dogs through online sites. Once you know better, it's important to do better.

i'm so glad that i realized that you are a sweet heart and simply just passionate about dogs. i used to be scared to death to see you post on my threads because i didn't take the time to know you as a person and realize where the drive and the force behind your posts came from. now i understand you much better and i think we are actually on the same team and have been all along and didn't know it.

thanks for the wisdom and for being patient as i learned these lessons. i always tried to agree and learn from everyone. but sometimes i felt backed into a corner and my only choice was defensiveness. i'm glad i put my gloves down and actually took it all to heart. you were always just trying to help and i was ignorant at the time and didn't want to be corrected, the exact same way others now feel when i might suggest a new training method to their ignorant ears. it doesn't always go over well at first, but through kindness and persistence i hope to make a few breakthroughs.

thanks Nancy!!
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!