View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #9
Cerise
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
one piece of advice for you, always remember that even though this new one is your fur baby, which IMO is totally fine and they are very much human like and child like at times, you must always remember that they are first a dog and must have the rules laid out for them to feel safe and at home. don't "spoil" the new one too much because it's really really easy to do with these cuties, but if you spoil it and treat it like a baby too much you might end up with behavioral issues in the future.

i'm sure you already knew that from your reading and research, but i had to mention it because it's so hard not to fall into the babying trap and get a little carried away with treating them like a real baby and not a doggie. i had to recall my research and reading and remember not to totally spoil Sadie because i also want her to be a good dog and well socialized and behave properly like a dog and not a brat.

lol but man she's still slightly spoiled and totally a baby to me

just teach them right from wrong like you do a human baby, and you will have NO troubles at all, and btw congrats on the new furkid and good luck

Thanks! You are so right and I should have mentioned that point too. I TOTALLY understand that. I do plan to attend trainng classes with her after I get her, and when she is old enough, because I do believe in good behavior.
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!