View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #3
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Yeah I hear ya..

Try working at a vet and having tons of people come in with dogs, and they only want the rabies vaccine ( bc thats the only one that the city requires) and trying to beg them pretty much to get all the other vaccines...and trying to tell them NOT to take your 3 months old un vaccinated puppy in the grass, outside, or to a dog park!! And having them look me in the eye and say NO, then a week later bringing in their parvo infested dog!!! It's sad bc it happened soo many times!!!

People like us that have an education on what it takes to own a dog is frustrating because all we can do as people is to talk. To tell them what they are suppose to do as a resonsible dog owner.. and it is up to them if they listen or not. Some listen. some dont and some just dont care.

I have my CVT , I LOVED working at the vet and working with animals, you can really meet some good people, but I couldn't handle the bad side. So many times I put out my own money to people that needed it, and I didnt do it for them I did it for the dog. I could not handle seeing a dog that needed something and wasnt going to get it bc of the OWNERS fault, I tried soo many times to make a difference and I just ended up getting frustrated and hurt and poor lol

Thats why I think I cant be a vet tech... Oh well you win some you loose some!!
i don't think i could work at a vet's i'd be adopting all the dogs that people brought in to PTS. i hate that when people don't want to deal with a dog they just kill it like it's nothing. you would do that to your child if they had behavioral problems??? you see a shrink or something and learn to help them work through the issues. i hate that dogs aren't cared about enough that people take more time to take care of them. my SIL wants to get rid of their cat because it scratches stuff. well get the thing declawed and fixed duhhh...

i hate that he might get rehomed again because her family doesn't have the ability to take care of him, why did they get pets to begin with, they have 6 kids total and now a dog and a cat because they think all kids deserve a family pet to care for, but the kids don't care for the pets and the parents fight over how to care for them so it's madness and they have out of control pets. just makes me angry.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!